Thursday, March 7, 2013

Boldness & Magic

Step Up!


     “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets:




Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.

Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it!”

-William Hutchinson Murray (1913-1996), from his 1951 book entitled The Scottish Himalayan.

http://german.about.com/library/blgermyth12.htm



     I learned this as one of the belt creeds in my Martial arts training. (Even with the wrong attribution.) But the point for me wasn't the person who said it. It was this "stop living for everyone and everything else" mentality. Stop waiting to live your life. Grab life by the balls and do something with it.  
     When in my teens a dear friend once said to me,"If you're bored, you are boring."  I have lived my life since that moment, to never be bored again.

No comments:

Merry Meet! Please enjoy your stay and have a joyous time browsing around my realm.

Check out my tea selection at http://blackthornhoodooblends.com