Monday, March 20, 2017

Crone's Crate: Ostara Edition


Crone's Crate: Ostara Edition
Five Stars!

Edited to Add: Arcana Wildcraft: Ostara Oil


      One of the things I like most about Crone's Crate is how lush everything looks.  The first thing you see when you open this box is the scroll with details of this sabbat's goodies.  Spoiler Alert: I don't have any products in here so I'm not worried about being biased. ;)
The Thank You note enclosed is a nice touch.

The first thing I do is take a gander at the shipment details. some folks look at these scrolls as *spoilers* but I love knowing what I'm looking forward to as I unwrap all the precious packages.  I don't hate on anyone who waits until the box is empty to read the literature.  

Can I tell you just how sweet the confetti is?  It's enough to be adorable without being annoying.  Black tissue paper and pink butterflies.  Even the sticker she chose to close the tissue paper is on point.

     The Magical Druid- Goddess Altar Plaque: This plaque was the first item in the top of the box and I'll admit, a hard boiled Pagan I've seen a lot of items listed as "Goddess..." and this was great.  Thin enough to be a great altar item.  Thick enough that I won't worry about damaging it by using it.  I love that they left the wood raw.  I've been a wood worker for twenty something years and adore the way open wood smells, as well as how it wears when left to its own devices.  The Magical Druid has truly outdone themselves.  You can find their work here.

     The Vitality Enchanted Candle- Nui Cobalt Designs: I love the quality of beeswax that Nui Cobalt Designs uses.  One of the main reasons I use beeswax candles (when I do) is because I adore the warm smell.  "This vivacious candle has a lust for life." I can't wait to put that lust for life to work for me.  


     Nui Cobalt Designs- Handcrafted Mojo bag for Renewal.  "...to restore vitality, banish malaise, and empower you to start fresh." Not only does this mojo bag smell great, it's beautiful.  My mojo bags are never this pretty, LOL.  I'll be happy to use this one and won't think twice if I accidentally pull this one out while digging in my pockets.  The teal matches the paper and general theme, but it's also decorative enough that most people won't give it a second look, unless it's to remark on the delicate design on the bag.

     Honeyrun Farms- Spring Harvest Honey: I own a tea shop.  As a result I've become a honey snob. /grin  This honey is so light in flavor and texture it dissolved into my morning cup of tea, perfectly.  It's a raw honey and I was pleasantly surprised at the taste / texture difference from my local bee farm honey. I'll be buying from them in the future. 

     Villainess Soaps- Ostara limited edition soap. Smells like warm, wet grass and blueberries.  I love it.  The scent is nice enough that I am looking forward to my next shower.  I like that Villianess' soap texture is hard enough that it doesn't melt in the shower.  I have a soap caddy with drain holes in it.  It sits about head height, so it is out of the spray.  

      Boline Apothecary- Flying Trapeze Balm. "If it heals the hands of trapeze artists, imagine what it can do for you."  It's the end of the winter season, and my hands are chapped and raw.  I applied just enough to get a feel for it while digging though the box of wonders.  I'm impressed.  Will see how it wears though the day.  I'm writing an encyclopedia of magical aromatherapy, so I wash my hands more often than not. 

      Coastside Conjure- Mercury Retrograde Oil. Best for last! I was really excited to see this on the list when I glanced at the enclosed scroll.  You see, this oil and I have a history.  In December, I had a tea party with Shelley of Crystals, Candles and Cauldrons in Hampden, MD. While chatting during a lull in the shop Shelley introduced me to this incredible oil by saying, "OMG, you HAVE to smell this."  Perfumes, smells and the like are my jam. (You may have noticed.) I scurried over like a squirrel to a fresh bag of peanuts.  It smelled good enough that we both anointed ourselves on the spot.  It smells like lemongrass, lavender and a hint of chamomile.  I came home and bought the first bottle I could get my hands on.  Having a second bottle on hand makes me feel better about the upcoming Rx period.  /wink



Edited to Add: Arcana Wildcraft: Ostara Oil
     Think back to when you were a kid.  Spring had its own smell of course.  Ostara was in a class by itself.  It wasn't warm enough in the Northeast to really smell like spring yet.  The mud had barely enough time to thaw.  Ostara's smell is captured beautifully in this oil offering by Arcana Wildcraft.  The smell of soggy ground, herbs and a hint of the fruit of spring-to-come. Blueberry and rosemary with a hint of spring greens.  I'll be using this in workings to evoke the new beginnings embodied in spring and Ostara's promise for the future.  







     

No comments:

Merry Meet! Please enjoy your stay and have a joyous time browsing around my realm.

Check out my tea selection at http://blackthornhoodooblends.com