Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Product Review: Candles of Intent-- Creativity


Product Review: Candles of Intent-- Creativity
Five Stars!
Photo by Amy Blackthorn
     Let me tell you, my living room smells amazing.

     I've been teaching at a local shop, Finding Avalon, for a several months now.  Since I started I've tried to make myself at home and get to know more of the brands you can find there, just in case of customer / student questions.   

     Recently a new vendor took over a room in this historic home turned new age shop.  The Enchanted Rose. Vanessa the woman behind the venture has adorable altar kits of various sizes, Write Your Own spell kits, and talking boards, as well as yarn, knitting and crocheting supplies.  

     Fiber arts and witchy stuff in one spot? Yes, please! I've been crocheting since I was five.  My mom taught my sisters and I in an attempt to get four girls to be quiet and sit still for five minutes.  With fall coming I'll be hibernating, knitting and crocheting.  If that means supporting a witchy shop, all the better.

Photo by Amy Blackthorn

      I love the look of the label. The thing I love the best is the smell.  In the land of The Enchanted Rose, creativity smells like fresh lemongrass and I love it.  

      Lemongrass is associated with the element of Air and the direction of the East. Air is the breath in our lungs and the fresh cool breezes in our minds that allow new ideas.  Clearing out the cobwebs means I'll have room for creative thought.

     Quote from the candle:
Photo by Amy Blackthorn
      Each candle is artfully infused with one full sized crystal, a hand-blended herbal mix, and tastefully scented to correspond to the intent of the candle. 

     I've burned this one about 15 hours already and it's still going strong both in the candle burn and the AMAZING scent.  For a 2" candle tin, I expected a fast burn.  It's not often I'm happy to be wrong. The candle's fragrance is natural and not cloying.  I can tell that The Enchanted Rose used an essential oil blend when creating this, rather than fragrance oil.  It has a true fragrance without the headaches that can accompany 'fake' smells.  

Photo by Amy Blackthorn
     The crystal that is paired with the Creativity candle, and its lemongrass scent is Tiger's Eye.  I was particularly tickled that the Tiger's Eye that was included in the candle was the size of the end of my thumb, rather than a small chip.  
      According to Cassandra Eason in The New Crystal Bible, "Keep Tiger’s Eye as a stone of luck and good fortune to attract a steady flow of money to the home. It is ideal for entrepreneurs and those setting out in business for the first time; also for those building up skills and a knowledge base for major career changes in the future." 

Cassandra Eason, The New Crystal Bible (London: Carlton Books Ltd., 2010
     This makes the Creativity candle especially well suited to those who depend on their creative juices for their financial well-being, artists, writers, photographers, and more. 

Photo By The Enchanted Rose
via Facebook
     It appears that the store and her website carry twelve different candles currently, and I'm looking forward to trying every one.























Aren't they GORGEOUS?

Photo By The Enchanted Rose
via Facebook


Photo by The Enchanted Rose
via their website

      For those who were wondering about my intent, I started thinking about this candle as soon as I saw it.  Before I had even lit the wick, I had the idea to start product reviews here on the blog to help other folks who were struggling to figure out what products were worth the price of admission, and which weren't.  I'll be adding book reviews and more as well.  I really loved the tarot review I did and look forward to doing more.

      If you'd like to follow The Enchanted Rose on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/TheEnchantdRose/
 If you'd like to shop for your own candle
http://enchantedroseloves.com/candles/ 

No comments:

Merry Meet! Please enjoy your stay and have a joyous time browsing around my realm.

Check out my tea selection at http://blackthornhoodooblends.com