Thursday, December 31, 2009

WPVI News story about animal sacrifice


After seeing the BULLSHIT story on WPVI, I decided to write them.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7194867#comments


In regards to your story on the "animal sacrifice" home story from last night, I was horrified, and not just at the nature of the story itself.

My Horror also comes from the beginning of the story, in which a Pentagram and lit candle icon was used to denote the story. Pentagrams and Pentacles are in no way connected with Voudoun. The Veves (pictures invoking the Lwa, or spirits in Voudoun) painted on the roof of the home, are. The Pentagram is the symbol of protection, and interconnected elements of life. This is obviously a perversion of a very beautiful and life affirming religion. I would no more call these animal abusers practitioners of Voudoun than I would I would call the BTK serial killer, Christian.

I've worked as an expert for the Connecticut Post, Stamford Advocate, ABC affiliates, the Baltimore Sun and other news media in the nature of Witchcraft, Paganism, and their differences with Diasporic faiths of Voudoun, Santeria, Palo Mayombe and other sects.

I'm greatly offended that the person in charge of your news icons did NOT do their research as needed and as such has slandered several religious groups.

For More information, please feel free to contact me at tinyurl.com/amyblackthorn for questions answered.

No comments:

Merry Meet! Please enjoy your stay and have a joyous time browsing around my realm.

Check out my tea selection at http://blackthornhoodooblends.com